Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jacob in the Middle

Tonight Rich and I were guests of Jacob at "The 2nd Grade Big EVENT" at his school. We went to the various extracurricular classrooms he goes to during the week. We went to Outdoor Education, Computers, Art, Gym (Rich's favorite), Music and the Library. It was fun to see Jacob interact with the other kids and do various activities. In art he made a heart shape and wrote in it "I love you more than 10,000 suns." He gave it to me and then decided he wanted to give it to a little girl in his class. :) He also performed on the xylophone and taught Rich and I to play as well.



The title of this post is Jacob in the Middle because it was so fun to be with Jacob and have some time to focus on him. When Rich and I decided to have three kids, I worried a little about the middle child thing. It seems like the first born gets so much attention being the first and the third is always "the baby." In our situation, Andrew is the first and has also had some medical things that have demanded more attention. Hannah is "our baby" and our only girl. Again, I just worried that Jacob would get lost in the attention shuffle in a busy family. Rich (a middle child himself) would assure me constantly that being in the middle was not so bad and that it would be fine. Watching Jacob tonight, seeing his excitment over his school activities and experiencing the energy and enthusiasm he gives to his friends and us reminded me that being in the middle is a pretty great place to be.


2 comments:

Cindy Cates said...

Jacob does a great job holding his own in the family :) I know he enjoyed showing off for ya'll. Can't wait to see his game tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much he's grown!