Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy New Year - Chinese Style


Dragon Dance

Today we had a Chinese New Year party at our house. It was a great time of fun for our family. We met new people and spent time with others we hadn't seen for some time. Some of the new people we met today are other families in Waco that have adopted children from China. Another couple that came was in our travel group when we adopted Hannah. We also had quite an international group, we had Baylor students from Finland, Russia, Korea and of course China. Faye and Sarah are from China and my parents have hosted them this year. We love them and they have become part of our family this year----the kids calls them their big sisters.

Today as we celebrated a holiday from another culture, I was reminded of how adopting Hannah has expanded our life and love as a family. We have met so many people in the adoption community that are amazing and inspirational. We have learned about China and the Chinese culture. In every way, our life has become bigger and better.

Happy Chinese New Year to Everyone!

4 comments:

Cammie said...

I am so sorry we missed the party this year!

We did have some celebrations here, though. Check out my blog to see the highlights.

Blue Skies said...

I always think of my little "China Girls" and their families on the Chinese New Year. Just having been touched by friends with China adoptees has enlarged my world and is such a blessing to me.
I'm especially interested this year because it is the Year of the Rat, of which I am one. I've always thought it is a terrible thing to be a Rat but the write up in the paper gave it a more positive spin than I had come up with on my own ;-)
Happy New Year!

Cindy Cates said...

The party was so fun! Love the video with mom so happy :) I've got to get you to show me how to do that!!

Unknown said...

So fun...seems like just yesterday you and Rich were going through the adoption process. I still remember watching your video from China at Crystal's house. She is growing up to be quite the beautiful young lady!!