Sunday, April 6, 2008

Renaissance

Today our family went to a Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie, Texas. We had gone to a place called Medieval Times a couple of years ago and the boys loved the jousting and all of the lords and ladies etc. so we thought we would try this festival. I am happy to report that a great time was had by all. Jacob even said it was one of the best days of his entire life----he is very expressive and maybe exaggerates a little! :)
Some of the highlights of today included:
Seeing an American Bald Eagle. It was so majestic. It was part of a show on falcons and other birds and the amazing things they can do.

I received a winner badge at the Archery Booth. On my very last arrow, I was pretty close to actually hitting the bulls eye! I was very happy!
Hannah became a Lady of the Court. She is now very good friends with the Queen and actually curtsied for her. All of those dance lessons finally paid off.
Jacob and Andrew got soft swords and got to have a sword fight with a very pretty girl.
Rich and I became a king and queen! Don't we look great?

2 comments:

Cindy Cates said...

What a fun family day!! I have always thought about ya'll when I would hear/see the commercials for the fair so I am glad ya'll took advantage of it.
Thanks again for making the great cake for Laura. GOCHI ROCK!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a great time...sounds like something my boys would love to do. We miss the Gochis family too. Every week we are reminded of the spiritual growth our family has been blessed with just because you guys were placed in our lives. Love the Gilleo Crew