Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grandparents and Gotcha Day!!!

The past two Sundays have been fun celebrations around our house. Last weekend we celebrated Grandparents' Day with my parents. Andrew pulled out his cookbook and made an incredible lunch. The best part of the lunch was that he made 2 desserts! (That's my boy!!!) All 3 kids made homemade lemonade to accompany the meal. The name of it was "Pucker Up Lemonade" which we discovered was a perfect name! A fun time was had by all.This week we celebrated our family's Gotcha Day which was also great. Gotcha Day (or Family Day) is the day we added Hannah to our family so it is a very special day in our house. We celebrated by bringing in Chinese food and having a fun family lunch. My parents brought their two Chinese students from Baylor. They told us that our Chinese food was not very authentic but it was still good. My mom made moon cakes for our dessert. The moon cakes were also not very authentic but were yummy as well!
In light of all of our family events, I'll end with one of my favorite quotes about family. Brace yourself, it's from Jeff Foxworthy!
"If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.' " Jeff Foxworthy

3 comments:

Cindy Cates said...

It was a fun afternoon!
Love the quote... and since I have been to the state fair I can totally agree :) Although, sometimes our family is a bit crazy1

Unknown said...

Oh how special...I remember the day Hannah became part of the wonderful Gochii family. I will never forget the day we all gathered to watch your video from China!! We miss you guys too!

Kate in Austin said...

I love this celebration! That is great Cheryl. I hope kindegarten is going well for you all. We are lovin' it.