Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Day of Firsts for Hannah

Hannah has had a pretty exciting day. The day began at 4 am when she came in and announced that she had lost her first tooth. Why that happened at 4 am is something we do not know, but she was thrilled. She has been wanting to lose her tooth ever since some other kids in her class started losing their teeth. Rich told her that maybe the tooth fairy came by to see if she had lost it yet and since she hadn't she nudged it a little bit so Hannah could lose her tooth and finally put it under her pillow. (I thought that was pretty creative!)



We also went shopping today and at the end of our shopping trip I decided to see if I could stop and get a pedicure. I rarely get pedicures but thought that it might be fun to do that with Hannah. So, we both had our toenails painted. Hannah kept saying "oooh....fancy." She even get a flower painted on her big toe. Very Fancy!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How proud Hannah looks after loosing her tooth! Oh shopping and pedi's huh...wonder if any of my boys would go for one of those!! LOL Thanks to you also for the lovely little Mother's day card you sent!! Hope you had a wonderful day. My boys brought me breakfast in bed...was a great day.

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a big day!

I think pedicures are exactly what a girl needs after the loss of a tooth!

Cindy Cates said...

Loved Hannah's cute toes. She is looking fancy. Hope you enjoyed your pedicure as well, as you know pedicures are my ONE vice (haha) :)

JoAnn Stringer said...

Hi -- I'm a mom of two girls from China, ages 11 and 8, and we're moving to Waco -- I was googling for info on Woodway and ran across your blog. Nice to see another family like ours!

The Gochis Family said...

Hi Joann, Give me your email and we can "chat" about life in Waco. We have enjoyed being here. I would be happy to help with your transition in any that I can.

Take care,
Cheryl